“Empower Women, Empower the World!”
My name is Ellen Young Gomez, HS68, and your tour coordinator/amateur tour guide for both the Downtown and Hollywood Tours. At this point, with the help of our So Cal team, we have a coach bus that will seat as many as 55 guests and tours for each of the two days. Attached are the Downtown and Hollywood Tour Itineraries which, hopefully, are as stress-free as possible and the literature or brochure on the Downtown and Hollywood areas. Please read them to prepare yourself for the tour as you do not have a professional tour guide, hence, the low fee...enough to pay for the coach bus and help fund the CHS scholarship program & faculty development.
Gratuities are to be given to the driver. We recommend at least $3.00 per person for each tour. Lunch is not included so bring cash or credit card. We will not send you to places that cost tons of money but reasonable amount, between $7-15 depending on your order & drink. Wear comfortable clothes including a light sweater as it may be a bit cool in the morning. Wear comfortable shoes as the LA DOWNTOWN is a walking tour, however, all these places are just a stone's throw away from each other. Same with the HOLLYWOOD TOUR except for the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Griffith Park Observatory where the coach bus will take us to those sites.
I suggest you stick to the schedule esp. for the LA DOWNTOWN tour because we need to line up for the Broad Museum at 10:30 am before its opening at 11:00 am. Any advance entrance will entail at least $10 per person and reserve in advance. We try to make these two tours as enjoyable and as inexpensive as possible for all of you so bear with us with a line up on only this particular place. The rest do not entail any lines. I was able to make arrangement so that we have a tour guide for the Disney Concert Hall and the Dorothy Chandler Auditorium of the Music Center (home of the Los Angeles Opera and dance performances) and its Plaza. Due to the many rehearsal hours needed for concerts for the new season, we will not be able to see the interior of the Disney Hall Auditorium. If there is still time, we may be able to watch a brief DVD of the interior of the auditorium.
Above all, BE ON TIME. If we extend the time beyond the scheduled hour, the cost is $100 more per hour. Moreover, most if not all, would like to nap/rest/snack before the Rex Navarrete show after the Downtown tour on Friday and the Gala Dinner on Sat. after the Hollywood tour. Please be considerate and be mindful of the time. Remember I will NOT have a portable mike to prod or nudge you to move or walk to the next destination, hence, you are provided now with the tour schedule and information to read before the tour. To be really pleasurable for yourself and others, do your homework! READ and be ready to smell the roses and/or coffee once you reach the various destinations.
If you have any concerns or questions, please email me at this same site because your question or concerns may be shared by the rest and my response will have also address the same concerns.
Thanks for your kind attention.
Ellen Young Gomez
6 hour 15 seater Van Tour of Downtown LA with following route
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
6 hour 15 seater Van Tour of Hollywood with following route
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
TV GAME SHOWS:
LET’S MAKE A DEAL – a show on CBS channels hosted by Wayne Brady who makes deals with audience participants on products ranging from cash, adult bicycles/motorcycles, exercise machines, trips within the US or abroad as far as Australia and Argentina, spa, cellular phones, cameras and/or cars. To become a participant or member of the audience, you need to do the following:
- Go to on-camera-audiences.com and find the Let’s Make a Deal page
- Find a date that you are available to be on the show and reserve FREE tickets (best to start signing up on Sept. 1 as shows will be posted 60 days in advance) – up to 4 people
- Print your ticket and get ready to be on LMAD.
- Taping of show occurs on Wednesdays to Saturdays and can take all day – NEED TO BE ON COSTUME; if none, there is a costume store within the premise. Just bring an apron (chef), glam wig and make up (movie star), or huge (sun)glasses (Elton John)
- Most hours are spent waiting, being observed and being group interviewed (in order to be chosen as participant, best to act animated, expressive and present information that makes you interesting like special skills, professions or even in need of money such as students, teachers, retirees, in helping professions and military)
- Studio located in 7915 Haskell Ave., Van Nuys, CA (within ½ hour of Glendale, the location of the Embassy Suite, site of the grand reunion)
PRICE IS RIGHT – a show on CBS channels hosted by Drew Carey which involves audience participants to make correct guesses on prices of products ranging from grocery items, cars, exercise machine, laundry machine/dryer, etc. Correct guesses could result in prizes ranging from cars, trips within and outside of the US, cash, mini yacht. It is the network TV’s # 1 daytime program.
- This show is currently on hiatus. Show will return in early August 2019 so Sign Up at on-camera-audiences.com and find the Price is Right page.
- Price is Right CBS station will email you when tickets are released (about 5-6 weeks in advance).
- Studio is located at Television City Studios (Fairfax Gate), 7800 Beverly Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90036
JEOPARDY – a quiz show of cash winnings that can reach over $2,500,000+ as long as contestant keeps providing right answer to questions, many of which are trivial in nature. To attend a taping:
- Go to the Jeopardy! Website
- Scroll to “About” section and click on free “Audience Tickets.”
- Check what show times are available and select the show you want to see
- Fill out the rest of the required information, then click on “Submit.”
- Print out the tickets that are in the confirmation email you’ll receive.
- 5 – 7 days before the tape date, call (818) 773-3465 to confirm your priority seating
- Arrive 45 minutes prior to the taping time and date. Arrive early to get best seats, present tickets. If late or without tickets, you may not get into the studio.
WHEEL OF FORTUNE – game show involving spinning a wheel containing cash prizes as the contestant guesses the right letters on the phrase of words in question until the entire word or phrase is guessed correctly. Hosted by Pat Sajak and Vanna White. To be part of the audience,
- Go to www.wheeloffortune.com and fill out application for ticket form and click Submit.
- No shows are available now till mid-June.
PYRAMID GAME SHOW – The $100,000 Pyramid. Two teams of two compete in a word-association game. Each contestant gets a celebrity partner, and one partner provides clued to the other about 6 mystery words, leaving the other to guess those words before the time runs out. The team with the most points gets to pay in the winners’ circle, where the top prize is $100,000. Host is Michael Strahan. To be part of the audience,
- Go to The $100,000 Pyramid Free TV Show Tickets at www.tvtaping.com
- Fill out a short form after you pick your desired date of the taping. This includes your name, the amount of tickets and why you love the TV show.
- Show tapes Monday through Sundays. Taping times range from 10:30 am and 3:30 pm and 1:30 pm and 6:30 pm.
ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW - The show is fully booked for season 16. Nevertheless go to https://send.ellentv.com/tickets/
- Tickets can only be requested when the day reads “Tickets Available.”
- If tickets are available on a date you would like, simply click on the day and fill out the ticket request form
- Submitting a form does NOT guarantee tickets to the show. A rep will email you to book you in the order in which your request was received. If you do not receive an email within 2 weeks of the date of which you submitted, please resubmit with a new date selection.
- ‘Day Of’ Tickets or Standby Tickets for the show will be made available on the day of the taping. If you are visiting the LA area, or have submitted online (above) and have not heard back about your request, you are invited to call the following number on the day of the show you are requesting tickets for. Number is (818) 954-5929. Be sure to call before 12 noon pacific time, NO LATER.
JAMES CORDEN LATE LATE SHOW – stand-up comic with a talk show and famous for his Carpool Karoake
- Go to Free tickets to the show live are available through the ticket agency 1iota.
- Click on a date to get to the online submission form
- Select up to 4 tickets. You will be asked to register with the 1iota site to claim your tickets if you are selected to be part of the audience
- Fill out your name, age, the number in your party, phone number, email address, and the reason you are interested in being in the studio audience.
- There is no guaranteed admission to the show. Ticket holders are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Best to arrive early which usually tapes at 4 pm. No guarantee that the show will not cancel. Also guests are always subject to change.
- TIPS for your ‘Late Late Show’ Experience:
1) Arrive early to grab a seat and wear comfortable shoes. Stand in line and could be hot so bring an umbrella or wide hat. Don’t be surprised by staff pulls young, hip people to sit at front of the audience. This is television, after all.
2) Must be 16 years or older, bring a valid or government photo ID to be admitted (driver’s license of state ID).
3) Consider dressing up a bit since you might appear on camera. Avoid shorts, T-shirts or white clothing (remember, after Labor day). Blend into the crowd and look nice but no need to go all out.
4) Tickets are non-transferable so do not buy tickets to the show.
5) No one with cell phones, pagers, cameras, sound recorders or other recording devices, luggage, backpacks, or large shopping bags will be admitted to the show. In other shows, staff will ask that cell phones will be collected from owner but returned after the show.
6) Audiences are often overbooked. Admission is not guaranteed even though you may have a ticket.
- Location of the Show: CBS Television City, 7800 Beverly Boulevard, LA,
JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE – stand up comic with a talk show
- For tickets, please visit www.jkltickets.com
- Studio Location: El Capitan Entertainment Center, 6840 Hollywood Blvd., LA, CA 90028
THE TALK – CBS’s Daytime Emmy Award-winning talk show which features a panel of well-known news and entertainment personalities discussing current events, pop culture, contemporary issues, family, celebrity and the trending topics of the day. This one hour series is hosted by Sheryl Underwood, Carrie Ann Inaba, Sharon Osbourne, Eve and Sara Gilbert. To obtain tickets –
- Free to anyone 16 years or older with valid school ID or birth certificate to show proof of age. Show tapes Monday to Thursday at 11 am and at times on Thursday, additional taping may occur that starts at 1 pm. On these double tapings, guests must attend both tapings.
- Requests for tickets are submitted online by filling out request from via 1iota.
- Once the ticket request is submitted online, a representative will call you to book the tickets requested to confirm your tickets to a taping.
- You will receive an “e-ticket” to print out or bring on your smartphone for the day of the show. DO NOT CALL or EMAIL re: questions about your ticket request as your requests will become NULL and VOID upon doing so (guess you can’t bother them on day of).
- If you have a group of 5 to 10, email:
TheTalk-AudienceRequests@cbs.com to make reservations. Include the name of your group or organization, phone number and best time to contact you. Remember this email address is ONLY to be used for group requests.
- Standby Ticket Policy:
1) All (818)655-8255 the DAY PRIOR to the taping between the hours of 3 – 3:30 pm PT (no earlier). For a Monday taping, please call Friday before.
2) Always speak with a live audience representative, therefore, any voicemails will NOT be valid. Caller must be a ticket holder, not a friend/relative calling on caller’s behalf.
- Entrance into the taping is based upon the order guests arrive, and guaranteed ONLY if your whole party is in line together by the arrival time stated above. You may not join the check in line or receive audience cards until your part is COMPLETE.
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress according to code which is Upscale business chic. Not allowed are clothes with logos, shorts, hats or athletic attire. Encouraged are dresses, dress pants, dark dressy jeans. No jeans or jeans with holes/tears. Men are required to wear full button down collared dress shirts, no polos.
- If main ticket holder is not present, then guests will be subject to Standby seating, if available.
- Present valid physical photo ID with proof of age. Acceptable are passport, driver’s license, state ID and military ID. They must be valid, current, non-expired IDs to enter the studio.
- No recording device and sharp and/or mace/pepper spray are permitted. Cell phones are allowed but have to be turned off upon announcements.
- Tickets are non-transferable and guest names may not be substituted. Any cancellations may be done by logging in to 1iota account to remove a guest. Without prior notice, such guest risk s eligibility for future requests and/or reservations.
- Location: 4024 Radford Ave., Studio City, CA 91604
DANCING WITH THE STARS:
- For tickets, please visit ocatv.com or call On Camera Audiences at (818)295-2700
- Studio Location: Television City, 7800 Beverly Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90036